When you sell your car for scrap to 114 Auto Salvage, you may think that the whole car just goes to the crusher at the end of its life.
However, there is more to it than this. After all, this isn’t like removing natural garbage like a banana peel that will be returned to the environment. Here is what happens after you hand over the title to sell your car for scrap at 114 Auto Salvage.
Freon, Tire, And Battery Removal
Liquids Drained And Core Parts Removed
Although a component may not be resold, it does not necessarily have no value beyond its weight in metal. Platinum, for example, is one of the most expensive metals used in automobile catalytic converters. These uncommon elements are utilized to lower a vehicle’s emission level and may be found in everything from new car components to electronics. This is why if you have a particularly valuable catalytic converter in the car and are planning on scrapping it for cash, 114 Auto Salvage may pay you more for your car.
Get a Fast Cash Offer Now!
Same Day Pickup & Always Free Removal!
Last Step Before Crushing The Car
The car crusher works by using two large metal plates to squash the car between them. The crusher’s force easily breaks the metal frame and crushes all of the car’s parts.
Crushing The Car
Fun Facts About Scrapping Your Car
Okay, you may not consider a scrap yard to be particularly entertaining (or these statistics), but here is a list of pretty interesting things that can happen during the scrapping process.
- It’s conceivable that a dead battery might cause some static during the recycling process. Because the casing must be decommissioned before the lead can be reused.
- Tires that are no longer in use can be recycled into a welcome mat or given to a playground where they may protect tiny children from hurting themselves or falling down.
- The plastic components of many newer cars today can be turned into any number of items after it’s been scrapped for cash such as park benches, decking, fencing, and even roofing tiles.
- Catalytic converters are a valuable part of the recycling process. When 114 Auto Salvage sells a crushed car, the catalytic converter is generally a big part of the price you get when you junk your car for scrap.
- The recycling and scrap industries are environmentally responsible operations that help to save natural resources. Recycling just one aluminum can save enough electricity to power a television for three hours!
- We guarantee that 85 percent of your car will be recycled when you scrap your car with us at 114 Auto Salvage.
- Steel and iron make up more than 60% of automobiles on average. However, the ratios are changing. Your car may be made of a greater amount of plastic and aluminum to improve its performance on the road. There is still a lot of steel and iron on the car, but newer cars are starting to have a mix of other materials as well.
- Steel and iron are widely used in architecture, infrastructure, construction, new road signs, among other things.
- Recycling is more popular than ever before, not just because it’s better for the environment but also because it is more efficient. Why go through the trouble of making a new component when old ones can be repurposed? This is why we here at 114 Auto Salvage will give you the best cash offer we can when you sell your car for scrap.